Friday 25 April 2014

Weight Loss Tips

Its amazing how people in this century still believe that fad diets and magic pills will work wonders and they will lose weight. They wont. Effective weight loss is all about a healthy lifestyle. Its about adopting changes that you can maintain ten years from now, not fad diets that last a week long and after that you are back to where you started.

My Experience
By now you know that am trying to lose around 12 kgs. I want to get back to the 60's mark that i was in. Since January this year, I have adopted a lifestyle change and i am more than happy with the results so far. Clothes that were figure hugging are now all loose and at this point a wardrobe makeover is not an option.

Over the next one week i will be posting tips that have worked for me so far. Remember i am not weighing my self before August, but from what i can see my guess would be that i have lost not less than 5 Kilos so far. oh they joy!

Other than those tips i will post, here is some useful information:
* You did not gain all that weight in one month, it will not disappear in a month.
* Fad diets and weird pills will not work, once you stop taking them you will be back to square one.
* Have a clear target e.g I want to lose X kilos in Y months time.
* Persistence is very important.
* I would highly recommend you keep a journal for purposes of tracking your journey's progress
* weight loss is a personal journey, once you put your mind to it nothing can stop you.

And did i mention that last week  i wore my favourite dress which i stopped wearing early last year due to my size? And the best part is i didn't need assistance from my sister to fit in, actually the dress was flowing freely, nothing could wipe the smile off my face that day :) :) :)

Have a healthy weekend
Adhis♥

No comments:

Post a Comment